The lithium-ion cells like all other battery chemistries have a safe operational area (SoA), where they can yield optimal efficiency. This thermal region for these cells is comparatively narrow. The ability to discharge at higher capacities puts these cells at the risk of rapid rise in temperature and reducing the life cycle in the process along with the integrity of compound and efficiency. To keep this in check the thermal stability of these cells becomes very important, to make them operate under safe thermal region and prevent any hazard.
- Primary and secondary batteries technology, design, specification and use with specific experience in military and aerospace batteries.
- Lithium and aqueous batteries design and development including batter systems of Li-12, Li-Mn02 and Li-SOC12.
- Military (naval mines) and aerospace batteries working with sophisticated microelectronics.
- Infrared, colorimetric and electrochemical sensors.
- Medical applications for sensors.
- Mechanical battery cell design, selection, testing, and performance characterization for long term use.
- New product sensor device development.
- New battery product development for consumer applications in nickel - cadmium (Ni-Cd) cells found in electronic vehicles.
- Mathematical modeling and statistical methods for testing and qualification of new instruments.
- For fuel cells, fuel cell development, testing, process improvement and fabrication. Worked with hydrocarbon air fuel cell testing and analysis.
- Micro-controller and C programming.
- Technical management and proposal preparation.